Thursday, August 13, 2009

Untitled Poem #1

Alright here goes my first poem I've ever made public... still, no one will see it but it's still a big deal to me. I wrote this, like many of my other poems, about a very trying relationship that ended many times and was always on the rocks. I was listening to a lot of music by Common and he just kept it so real I was really inspired by him and his lyrics. He doesn't receive the recognition he deserves.

7/28/09
Man I wanna be tight wit Common cuz he keeps it so real, I'm tired of all the fake the phony n wit this shit I gotta deal. I can't erase the memories or replace what I feel. I kno u hate my past and that it affects us now, but if u really cared u'd let it go somehow. I'm tired of the drama, of the day-to-day, I demand some stability now... I wanna kno u'll stay. But since you can't give me that I think it’s time to quit, cuz I'd rather be alone than wit a man who can't commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment